Choosing between a marketplace like ShareASale/Impact/Reditus or a plugin like Affiliates WordPress plugin depends on your specific business needs and preferences. Both options have their own set of advantages and disadvantages. Here are some pros and cons for each:
Marketplaces (e.g., ShareASale, Impact, Reditus):
- Existing Network: One of the main advantages of marketplaces is that they already have a network of publishers (affiliates) who are actively looking for products to promote. This can save you time and effort in recruiting affiliates.
- Diverse Publishers: Marketplaces often attract a diverse range of publishers, including bloggers, influencers, and niche-specific content creators, giving you access to a broader audience.
- Managed Platform: Marketplaces usually provide a managed platform with tracking, reporting, and payment systems in place, making it easier for you to manage your affiliate program.
- Brand Exposure: Being part of a well-known marketplace can give your brand exposure to a wider audience.
- Costs: As you mentioned, marketplaces typically charge fees, and these fees can sometimes be significant. This can impact your overall profitability.
- Less Control: You may have less control over the affiliate recruitment process and the relationships with affiliates as the marketplace manages many aspects of the program.
- Competition: Your products may be competing with numerous others on the same platform, potentially reducing the visibility of your offers.
Affiliate Plugins (e.g., Affiliates WordPress plugin by itthinx):
- Cost-Effective: Using an affiliate plugin can be more cost-effective, especially when compared to the fees charged by marketplaces. You can use Affiliates WordPress plugin for free and can upgrade anytime for more features.
- Control: You have more control over your affiliate program, including setting commission rates, choosing affiliates, and managing relationships directly.
- Customization: Plugins often allow for more customization, letting you tailor your affiliate program to fit your specific needs and brand image.
- Direct Relationship: You build a direct relationship with your affiliates, which can lead to better communication and collaboration.
- Limited Network: You’ll need to actively recruit affiliates since you won’t have access to an existing network like you would with a marketplace.
- Management Effort: You’ll be responsible for managing the affiliate program, including tracking, reporting, and payments, which can be more time-consuming.
- Less Exposure: Your affiliate program may not get as much exposure as it would on a well-known marketplace.
In summary, if you’re looking for a quick start and exposure to a ready-made network, marketplaces like ShareASale/Impact/Reditus might be a good choice. However, if you prefer more control, cost-effectiveness, and customization, an affiliate plugin like Affiliates could be a better fit. Consider your budget, goals, and the level of control you want over your affiliate program when making your decision.
Reditus appears interesting as it allows advertisers/merchants to set up an affiliate program for free. Once you start generating revenue above 1000$ per month or aim to be featured in the marketplace, you will be prompted to upgrade to a premium plan.
Looking to highlight your affiliate program to B2B SaaS affiliates in the Reditus network? Once you’ve successfully completed the technical setup, you have the option to purchase a premium package, beginning at $59 per month (billed annually).
Upon upgrading to a premium plan, your program will be featured in the marketplace, enabling you to expand beyond your current network and foster further growth.
In summary, Reditus provides the advantage of utilizing affiliate plugin functionalities seamlessly through its free plan, eliminating the need for installation and maintenance hassles. Upon reaching a monthly revenue threshold of $1,000, upgrading to the premium plan becomes necessary. This premium subscription not only unlocks the marketplace but also offers additional pro features for enhanced performance.
[HELP] Plugin for maintaining a group of marketing executives hired on commission basis
byu/DigitalSplendid from discussion