As a fan of open source technologies and WordPress CMS, proprietary CMSs like Kontent by Kentico have its own advantages. Kentico is built on .NET framework by Microsoft unlike WordPress built on open source PHP programming language. As a web development agency, it is better perhaps to offer your clients more choices.
Here is a recommended roadmap before applying for the Kentico Xperience Partner Program:
- Download the trial (https://xperience.io/get-started/trial)
- Do the free tutorials – at least the developer one but both recommended (https://docs.xperience.io/13tutorial)
- Check out the brochure (https://xperience.io/discover/resources/kentico-xperience-brochure)
- Then when you have a prospective client that is a good fit for Kentico, apply for the partner program.
Some advantages of becoming a partner:
- Free training and sale assistance
- Discount/commission on license sales
- Easy to understand partner model
- 0 partner fees
If you have any questions or have a client you think might be a good fit, you can get in touch here TimM@kentico.com.
So, Kentico will be more appealing for large enterprises instead of small and medium enterprises, other things remaining constant.
Here is my review about Kentico on Gartner Peer Insights: